Dry And Callused Feet Driving You Crazy?
Calluses on the bottom of feet can be painful, but are often painful, but are harmless.
Calluses on your feet are a an extremely hard and thick layer of skin. They are typically created by pressure on the feet or due to a certain type of friction your feet feel.
Causes of Calluses
The main reason for calluses is excessive stress or friction to the skin feet. What causes the friction or pressure can be considered as the cause of calluses.
- Shoes that are tight
- Loose Shoes
- High Heels
- Playing Sports
- Walking in shoes without socks
- Walking in Shoes without Shoes
Other Causes of Calluses
- If you are prone to sweaty feet, you’re more likely to developing calluses to your feet. We suggest that you buy powder for your feet for your feet to help keep them dry.
- If you have foot fungus like athlete’s foot, you could be more prone to developing calluses on your feet.
- When your work requires you to stand for lengthy periods of time, you might develop calluses.
As we mentioned earlier calluses aren’t dangerous or generally painful, however they can look unattractive and sometimes cause discomfort.
How to get rid of Calluses at Home
If you visit the doctor to get rid of calluses, they usually recommend medications like lotions or recommend trimming your calluses.
This can be prevented with the treatment of calluses at home using natural treatments.
Warm water will give your skin a chance to relax and also provide the opportunity to eliminate your calluses. If you’d like to speed up this process, add Epsom salt to the water , which helps to remove rough skin. Here’s what you’ll require for this:
- Epsom salt- 3-4 tsp
- Foot basin
- Warm water – enough to make sure your feet are covered in the basin
- Pumice stone
- Then fill the reservoir with hot water, and after that, add your Epsom salts.
- Let your feet soak in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Within 30 mins, grab the pumice stones and begin eliminating the calluses by making circular movements. Be sure to scrub until your rough skin softens.
- Apply lotion.
- Repeat this twice per week until your calluses have gone forever! It is not recommended to do this more than three times per week.
You can buy the epsom salt, and then add it to the water basin or purchase an herbal foot spa that is specifically made with tea tree oil which contains antibacterial properties.
This unique combination of epsom salts, tea tree oil was created specifically to end the fungus and make it disappear for good. It’s also excellent for softening the skin. It helps to eliminate dead skin cells and calluses by using the pumice stone.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Calluses
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent alternative for those who do not have epsom sodium in your home. It is an acid and helps soften the skin.
In addition, vinegar helps balance the pH levels, which is perfect for those who suffer of excessive sweaty feet (like myself). Another benefit that is not widely known is that apple cider vinegar aids in fighting fungal infections. Here’s what you’ll require:
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Foot basin
- Warm water – enough to completely cover your feet in the basin
- Pumice stone
- The water basin should be filled with warm water and then put in the ACV.
- Soak your feet for about 15 minutes.
- After your feet have finished bathing, scrub them using the pumice stone in circular movements.
- Dry your feet and add moisturizer or lotion.
Removing Calluses Fast
Sometimes, calluses can be extremely irritating or ugly and should be removed quickly.
If you are suffering from this, we’ve got the solution for you. After suffering from sweaty feet for many years, and athlete’s feet for over 6 years, I’ve experienced calluses and rough skin throughout my feet.
From my personal experience I’d suggest these tips to be helpful in the elimination of calluses:
- electric Callus Remover – I normally utilize a pumice stones, but my hands were exhausted. A callus remover that is electric can save you time and energy, and is usually more effective than the pumice stone. If you are suffering from the fungus that causes foot pain, this product is ideal for getting dead and dry skin from the soles on your feet. I suggest having an electric and pumice stone callus removal.
- Cocoa Butter Lotion I found this was among the top moisturizing products for my feet that keeps my feet soft and supple after getting rid of dead skin.
- Tea Tree Oil Natural Foot Wash A quality foot wash that keeps your feet healthy and clean is vital to maintain the softness of your feet after you have removed the calluses. Tea tree oil can keep your feet soft and help to fight fungal infections. If you’d want to learn more about the ways that tea tree oil foot wash can fight foot fungus, then you are welcome to check out my blog.
Are your calluses caused by the foot Fungus?
Most often, calluses are caused by foot fungus, such as athlete’s feet. The fungus causes the skin to thicken up in certain areas and then to dry up, which causes calluses.
If you are experiencing this the treatment of foot fungus should be the first prioritization.
I will discuss the methods to eliminate foot fungus in a hurry within this post.